Healthy FamiliesWorking together for a healthier tomorrow!
Earleen Beckman, RN
Director of Healthy Families
Hours of Operation:
Mon. – Fri. 8:00am – 5:00pm
Healthy Families Garrett County is a voluntary home visitation program, at no cost, that empowers parents to give their child the best beginning in life.
Who is eligible?
- Expecting parents and parents who have a newborn up to three months old, who reside in Garrett County. Other programs or services may be available to those families whose child is beyond the age of three months. Please contact us for further information.
Why Healthy Families?
- Parents are the strongest influence in their children’s lives.
- The most important stages of learning in a child’s life take place from birth to age three.
- Parenting is a difficult job with a lot of stress, concerns and questions and babies do not come with an owner’s manual.
Purposes & Goals
The program is designed to provide services that address Maryland’s Results for Child Well-Being and specifically the following indicators:
- Babies Born Healthy
- Healthy Children
- Children Enter School Ready to Learn
- Children Safe in Their Families and Communities
- Stable and Economically Independent Families
- Communities Which Support Family Life