Administration Care Coordinator/OmbudsmanWorking together for a healthier tomorrow!
Director of Personal Health
1025 Memorial Drive
Oakland, MD 21550
28 Hershberger Lane
Grantsville, MD 21536
Hours of Operation:
Mon. – Fri. 8:00am – 5:00pm
Administrative Care Coordination Unit
The Administration Care Coordination Unit (ACCU) is available to provide assistance to all individuals who have Maryland Medical Assistance, including those recipients in a managed care organization.
Depending upon your type of insurance coverage, you may gave one or two insurance cards. A regular Medical Assistance card is red and white. If you are enrolled in a MCO, you will have that card, along with a red and white card. Both cards should be taken with you when seeking resources, such as medical, dental, vision care, or emergency room care.
The goal of the ACCU program is to improve the health and well-being of medical assistance recipients in Garrett County by providing assistance with access to care and helping recipients use services appropriately. Emphasis is on short-term care coordination for the following vulnerable groups:
- Pregnant Women
- Postpartum Women
- Newborns and Children
- Children with Special Needs – Physical or Developmental
- Adults with Special Needs
- Family Planning Beneficiaries
We can provide assistance with the following:
- Medical Billing Questions
- Selecting a Managed Care Organization (MCO)
- Identifying an In-Network Healthcare Provider
- Preauthorization Services
- Referrals to Community Resources
- Maryland Physicians Care: 1-800-953-8854
- Amerigroup: 1-800-600-4441
- Priority Partners: 1-800-654-9728
- United Health Care: 1-800-318-8821
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Appointments are NOT necessary.
Funded through the Maryland Department of Health – ACCU Division