Healthy FamiliesWorking together for a healthier tomorrow!
Earleen Beckman, RN
Director of Healthy Families
Hours of Operation:
Mon. – Fri. 8:00am – 5:00pm
What are the Early Care Programs?
The Early Care Programs are a voluntary home visitation service that empowers parents, at no cost, to give their child the best beginning in life.
Who is eligible?
- All pregnant women residing in Garrett County
- Parents with children under 3 years of age are eligible to have a nurse contact them to discuss and determine which program best suits their family’s needs
Why an Early Care Program?
- Parents are the strongest influence in their children’s lives
- The most important stages of learning in a child’s life take place from birth to age three
- Parenting is a difficult job with a lot of stress, concerns and questions, and babies do not come with owner’s manuals
The GCHD Early Care Programs are a Garrett County Local Management Board program administered by the Garrett County Health Department. Grant funding is provided through the Governor’s Office for Children, Garrett County Local Management Board, and Maryland State Department of Education.
Please click on programs for more information.